Friday, March 27, 2009

It is all about the NOW....

I was very apprehensive when I learned of myself having to “blog” for my government class. I had had strong negative feelings regarding the whole typing your feelings and putting them out there where the whole world can agree or disagree with your views. Well, there is always something new popping up on the internet whether it’s on blog sites or myspace. Now there is a site called Twitter. Twitter is a place that is almost like blogging but it is a very short statement about what you are doing right now. I find this concept to be completely and utterly ludicrous. In Ann Althouse’s blog, Althose, she posted an excerpt titled “Tweeted out” in which she says that she would rather blog than twit. I totally agree with her, I mean it just seems like it would be a very tedious thing to do because you are posting constantly. I understand that there is a wanting for individuals to have their voice heard, but give me a break. If there is such a need to post what you are doing at this very second, pick up the phone and say it. You know why must people make things so difficult? I think America has an obsession with wanting to be in contact 24 hours a day. Sadly I see a lot of drivers’ everyday when I am on the road, a cell phone attached to their ears whether it is a meaningless conversation or not. I wonder what we would do with ourselves if we didn’t have that constant communication.

No comments:

Post a Comment